Find answers to the most frequently asked questions.
If you do not find the answers you're looking for, please contact us for further assistance.
Information and Services
- Where are FHM hotels located?
- Our hotels are located in major cities in Japan: Tokyo, Yokohama, Chiba, Utsunomiya, Nagoya, Osaka, Kyoto,and Fukuoka, Most of them are conveniently situated within walking distance from stations.To learn more about the locations, click "Find a Hotel."
- How do I make a reservation?
- Making a reservation is easy. Room availability and prices can be found easily via the search box (on the right). Simply book a room. Then follow the instructions.
- When is my booking confirmed?
- As soon as you have completed online reservations, a booking confirmation will be sent to the email address provided. The confirmation includes your booking number, your stay dates, room rate and all other details about your reservation. This means your reservation is successfully completed.
- When do I pay for my booking?
- Please pay for your stay at check-in by credit card or in cash (Japanese yen). Credit cards from VISA, American Express, MasterCard and JCB are accepted.
- Does the hotel need a deposit or payment in advance?
- No advance payment or deposit is required. All payments for your stay are to be made at the hotel upon arrival.
- Do I need to provide my credit card detail to guarantee my booking?
- Credit card information is not required to guarantee the booking prior to arrival.
- Is it possible to cancel a reservation that I made online?
- Yes, just click View/ Modify Reservation. Please review the cancellation policies before canceling your reservation. Note that cancellation or any amendments to your bookings can be made online only.
- May I extend or shorten my reservation?
- Yes, if you made your reservation online, you can shorten or extend it online. Click View/ Modify Reservation and follow the instructions to retrieve your reservation details. Please note that all amendments to bookings are subject to availability. In case you cannot make a change to your booking, please contact us via the inquiry form.
- How far ahead can I book before my planned arrival date?
- You can book up to 6 months in advance, but please be sure to remember you have made the reservation, or our cancellation policy will apply.
- Can I reserve two adjoining rooms?
- We will make an effort to meet your requests, however, we can not guarantee compliance.
- Do children stay free?
- Children of 6 years old or under stay free if they share the existing bed with parents. Unfortunately, baby cots, or additional bedding are not available.
- Does the hotel keep luggage if I arrive before the check in time?
- Yes, we can keep your luggage if you arrive before your room is ready. (Some hotels have limited front desk hours. Please review them beforehand)
- I would like to buy an item online and have it shipped to the hotel. Will the hotel accept its receipt?
- Yes, however we ask that you include the following information on the address label of the package:
1.Your name as it appears in your reservation:
2.Your reservation number:
3.Your check-in date:
With the above information on your delivery ticket, your package can be identified at our reception. Also, please specify a delivery time within our front desk hours.(Some hotels have limited front desk hours.)
Please arrange for the delivery to be made on your arrival date.
Large shipments may be be refused due to limited storage space. Please note that the hotel will not accept cash on delivery (C.O.D.) shipments.
We are not able to accommodate valuables, refrigerated or frozen goods.
- Can I use an electric appliance that I bought outside of Japan?
- It depends. Electricity in Japan is 100 volts.
If you have a device that does not accept 100 volts at 50 hertz, you will need a voltage converter, or a plug adapter. Unfortunately, we do not offer a converter or plug adapter for rent.
- What is the best train route from my hotel to my destination?
- Click here. It will give you the ideal train route with the shortest estimated travel time.
- What is the exchange rate?
- Click here for today's exchange rate. The link is for reference purposes only. As the exchange rate fluctuates daily, all confirmed rates are guaranteed in Japanese currency.
- What is "Video on demand"?
- Video On Demand gives you personalized viewing not possible with pay-per-view services. You can pause, play, fast forward, and rewind your entertainment selection. In other words, you have total control over what you watch and how you watch it. Most importantly, you also have complete control over when you watch. There is no need to wait for a set time to watch a movie; just hit the play button when you are ready. This feature gives you access to a wide array of feature films, including newly released movies. Some of the movies available are in English. The service also offers a selection of adult films.